Zde si můžete ověřit znalostí nabyté při čtení příkladových vět uvnitř vysvětlivek: jsou rozděleny do šesti sekcí a na rozdíl od běžných překladů se jedná o doplňovačky, v nichž hraje roli i slovní zásoba.
1. Why am I so angry at myself? I’m not a bad person.
2. Are you hurt? Where are your parents? Aren’t they here?
3. This guy isn’t very smart. He’s definitely not a genius.
4. They are wrong. We’re not criminals.
5. The food was good, but the waiters were rude.
6. I was there on time. Where were you?
7. I wasn’t home at the time. Where was I?
8. Weren’t they alone? — No, their kids were there, too.
9. The joke wasn’t funny. Your other stories weren’t very good, either.
10. This is going to be a total disaster.
11. You won’t be happy until I lose all my money.
12. Carla is busy right now. She is giving a speech to the company employees.
13. What is going on here?
14. Where is my beer?
15. Whose glass is this?
16. Which one is mine?
17. How come it’s empty?
18. What about my other beer?
19. Who drank them both?
20. What animal would do this?
21. When did it happen?
22. Why did she do it?
23. How am I going to punish her?
24. An old guy stood up to defend me, but Jim punched him and the guy fell to the floor.
25. It’s snowing outside! Usually, it doesn’t snow here at all.
26. She likes me. She says I’m cute. It looks like we’ll get married.
27. Why do you like this guy? He doesn’t even know your name.
28. Is Tina making dinner? — She is. Her parents are helping her.
29. The best player on our team is worse than the worst player on your team.
30. The further you get in the game the more complicated it is.
31. Did anybody feed the dogs?
32. Why didn’t someone tell me?
33. No one saw me kick anyone.
34. Did you see my keys?
35. Don’t you know where the girl lives?
36. nikomu jsem nic neřekl / I didn’t tell anybody anything (nobody / nothing)
37. tady nikdy nic nefunguje / nothing ever works here (never / doesn’t work)
38. you can use this card anywhere anytime to buy anything at all
39. None of these guys works here.
40. Those thoughts make people scared.
41. My wife brought home a friend who ate all my food.
42. We took a bus to town and she went with us.
43. Who saw you while you slept there?
44. You both played very well. I watched the whole game.
45. One of the guys admitted that he hated us.
46. Someone remembered my name and called me.
47. Did I mention that I know the boss?
48. Why did everyone think I was disappointed?
49. The war didn’t end that year.
50. She was pregnant. Didn’t you know?
51. Julia was freezing and shaking in the cold weather.
52. Things were getting better but people were still complaining.
53. I wasted a lot of time on that project.
54. I was wasting my time and I knew it.
55. Someone was shooting at us from behind the wall.
56. The crazy guy shot eight people before he killed himself.
57. My wife and I were watching TV when she turned to me and said she was unhappy in our marriage.
58. My wife and I watched TV last night. We didn’t leave the house at all. (zde není nutné použít průběhový tvar)
59. Did you actually meet them?
60. Don’t leave the room!
61. We didn’t enjoy the party.
62. Listen to me! Don’t look at those comments!
63. Don’t let anyone else come in. (let – nechat někoho něco udělat)
64. She left the money on the table. (leave – nechat něco někde)
65. You gave me some good advice. (give – dát někomu něco)
66. Just put the pill in your mouth. (put – dát něco někam)
67. I have a lot of work to do today.
68. She’s gone. What are you going to do?
69. You guys made such a horrible mess.
70. We are making a big mistake.
71. This will be a wonderful year for all of us.
72. Will you tell me what bothers you?
73. I’ll leave you two alone, ok?
74. We are going to win this game.
75. This is not going to work.
76. When am I going to get some money?
77. Trust me, you won’t like it there.
78. You’re not going to like what I’m going to say.
79. How am I going to replace you?
80. Is it really going to rain?
81. When are these people finally going to pay?
82. We are going to be talking about whales today.
83. And I will be showing some pictures.
84. Don’t say anything until I tell you to speak.
85. Ann speaks four or five languages, but when you talk to her, she never says anything interesting.
86. Tell me how you feel about this.
87. Who told you not to say it?
88. Who told you? Come on, tell me.
89. Did you hear what I said? Were you listening to me?
90. Don’t look at those people. You will see them later.
91. I’m looking for a nice picture of my son. When I find one, I’ll email it to you.
92. Get dressed and go see your grandma.
93. The food is here. Let’s eat.
94. Don’t go anywhere. And don’t let anybody leave.
95. Let’s not argue about politics.
96. Why do your friends work for that guy?
97. How many times did your friend tell that joke?
98. Where are we? Am I alive? What time is it?
99. She was talking to you a minute ago. Why is she talking to me now?
100. Does marijuana make you stupid?
101. Where do people come across this information?
102. Why did it take so long?
103. Did you invite anybody to your birthday party?
104. I don’t go to the movies very often. My wife doesn’t let me.
105. Your mother didn’t even look at me.
106. What does Mike do in his spare time?
107. Who did it? I didn’t do it. Did one of us do it?
108. Why do I have bruises on my legs?
109. We didn’t really have a choice.
110. How come your dad doesn’t have a beard?
111. What are you talking about?
112. So who exactly is it for?
113. Money isn’t everything. It doesn’t buy you happiness.
114. It’s amazing how soft your hair is.
115. This is a door that leads to a secret room.